Sunday, September 5, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I realized today that "Menu Plan Monday" is something of an inaccurate statement, since I post my menus on Sunday. And, to be totally honest, I also plan my menus on a monthly basis. I find that it is easier that way. I do one big shop at the beginning of my month (I call it "my month", because my menu plans run from the 16th - 15th of each month.) for the items we'll need for the menu. I then do smaller weekly shopping trips for everything that is on sale that week. I have a big chest freezer that I am slowly stocking with sale items - it makes me so happy! So now that I have been totally honest...here's what's cooking this week!

Monday:
Breakfast: Pancakes
Lunch: Ramen Noodles, Hotdog & corn
Dinner: Bean Burritos, Spanish Rice

Tuesday: Tuna Melt Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, broccoli, fruit

Wednesday: Split Pea Soup, Biscuits, fruit salad

Thursday: Asparagus Stir Fry with Chicken over Brown Rice, pineapple

Friday: Beef/Bean Tacos, Spanish Rice, fruit

Saturday:
Breakfast: Egg McMuffins (egg, cheese, turkey bacon on english muffin)
Lunch: Really Big Salad
Dinner: Chicken Parmesan (recipe to be posted)

Sunday:
Breakfast: oatmeal
Lunch: Macaroni & Cheese with Tuna & Peas
Dinner: Leftover Buffet



For More Great Menu Plans, Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment