Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Tale of the Bake Sale

Cassady's school is having a bake sale tonight at open house. I love making yummy treats for these types of events, so of course I had to scour my favorite sites for a few new ideas. I decided on two treats: brownie pops and s'mores cookie bars.


The brownie pops were very easy to make, up until the step where I had to coat them in melted chocolate. I prefer using candy melts - especially since I do not have a microwave. The coating ended up being a little lumpier than I was hoping, but nothing a ton of red & white (the school colors) sprinkles couldn't hide! Here's how they turned out:




Now onto the s'mores cookie bars. They were really fun to make - Cassady helped with crushing the graham crackers. They smelled absolutely amazing while baking, too. I allowed them to cool for over three hours, and then tried to cut them. Unfortunately, they cracked and fell apart. Sadness! They are no longer presentable enough to take to the bake sale - but now we get to eat them! These bars are delicious and you really need to make them ASAP. I have no picture, as mine are not quite as cute as the ones you can see here.



Since the cookie bars were a no go, I decided to use my favorite cookie recipe instead. I love these cookies! Since coming across Jamie's amazing recipe a few months ago, I have made these three times. I usually add coconut and use butterscotch chips, rather than the chocolate. Since these are for school, I went the traditional route and used chocolate chips. They turn out beautifully...see?

Now go make some yummy treats :)

No comments:

Post a Comment