Thursday, September 30, 2010

Broccoli Cheese Soup

This is the easiest and yummiest way to get Cassady to eat broccoli. Seriously. Last week when we were knee deep in the muck of her bedroom, she was demanding pizza rolls for lunch so that it would be quick. Well. Mama had this recipe in her arsenal. It was just as quick as those pizza rolls, but so much better! Even Cassady agreed after her first bite - and that is how you know this is a good soup. But you don't have to take my word for it!*


Broccoli Cheese Soup
14 oz chicken broth
3 c chopped broccoli (frozen works just fine)
1 carrot, shredded or finely chopped
1 can Cream of chicken soup (I used 98% fat free)
1/4 - 1/2 c cheese, shredded or finely chopped

Bring chicken broth to a boil, then simmer. Add broccoli, carrot & can of soup. Bring back to a simmer. Add cheese and stir until melted. Serves 4. Told you it was easy!!

I had some chopped chicken breast in the fridge last time I made this & threw a half cup in the soup. It was delicious. As was the time I added some boiled potatoes. You can not go wrong with a cheesy soup. It just isn't possible!

*Channeling my inner "Reading Rainbow". I have the theme somg in my head now. Great.

I shared this recpe at The Grocery Cart Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment