Monday, October 18, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I had a really hard time planning my menu this week. I feel like we are eating the same things every week. I looked back on some old plans for some new ideas and was at least able to come up with a plan for this week. I think I will be finding some new recipes to try next week. I hate feeling like we are in a rut! At the very least, last week's menu was successful and I was able to follow it fairly well. Hooray! We have a pretty busy week ahead, so I tried to keep our meals fairly simple, yet healthy. Here's what I came up with:

Monday: beef/bean tacos, spanish rice, fruit

Tuesday: tater tot casserole (recipe to be posted), green salad, fruit

Wednesday: Runza Skillet, green salad, fruit

Thursday: No School
Breakfast: eggs & turkey bacon
Lunch: leftovers for me, frozen pizza for Cassady
Dinner: Chicken Pot Pie (recipe to be posted), green salad, fruit

Friday: No School
Breakfast: burrito with eggs/turkey bacon/cheese
Lunch: homemade fishsticks (carryover again), broccoli/cheese, fruit
Dinner: Potato soup, green salad, fruit

Saturday:
Breakfast:cereal with yogurt or milk & fruit
Lunch: leftover soup, salad, fruit
Dinner: homemade taquitos (recipe to be posted), spanish rice, fruit

Sunday:
Breakfast: egg/bacon, toast
Lunch: oven baked "fried" chicken, oven fries, spinach, fruit
Dinner: crockpot chili, crescent rolls, fruit

For more meal ideas, click here!

1 comment:

  1. Yum, taquito sounds good right about now. I have never made that before!

    I am enjoying the visit to your blog, and I hope you'll come by to Free 2 Be Frugal sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete